Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Easter



We had a nice quiet Easter. The Easter Bunny visited us Friday night so we started Saturday off celebrating. After hunting for eggs and eating more chocolate than we should have we went and picked up our latest food storage order. I have no idea where I'm going to put all of this stuff! Anyway, while we were out we decided to go for a drive. It was nice to spend some time together. Everyone is always so busy, sometimes it's nice to spend an afternoon without an agenda. Sunday was beautiful. I love spring time. Someday I'm going to plant tulips. I just absolutely love it when the flowers & trees bloom. I tried to take the kids Easter pictures by our huge cottonwood tree because it's finally getting its leaves. The only problem is that the kids aren't tall enough so you can't see the leaves anyway. I'm going to have it learn how to use some photo editing software so that I can change this background. It turned out absolutely ugly. I was going to try picture taking again after church but the boys primary teachers had given them chocolate, needless to say their shirts weren't exactly clean anymore and Grace had pulled off the bows on her dress. Oh well, I guess you get what you get- right? After Easter dinner (which consisted of ham, potato casserole, green beans, and homemade rolls) we watched Finding Faith in Christ, the Church sponsored DVD on Christ's ministry. It was very enjoyable and sparked a good conversation between Conner and I. It amazes me the things he is starting to pick up on. Boy, they sure grow up fast. Before I know it Ethan will be Conner's age and I'll be wondering what happened to all my babies! Well all in all it was a good Easter. I even got to talk with my brother, Dave. He's been away from home for a couple months so I haven't gotten to speak with him for a while. He sounded so good. He said that he has gained 40 pounds and his health is returning. I'm so happy for him. I know he can't read this now but when he can I want him to know that we love him and are proud of him. Keep up the good work Davy! Christ's atoning sacrifice was for all of us. ALL OF US!!

2 comments:

jeannine said...

I can't believe how big Ethan is getting. He has grown so much since we have seen him. We are glad to know that you had a great Easter and look forward to seeing you soon.

Judy said...

what cuties!!! Grandma sure loves her grandbabies!!! Happy Easter!! Wow what a beautiful dress grace has on. I remember the days that you had cute Easter dresses.

mom