Wednesday, April 4, 2007

So Long, Farewell...

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have officially cancelled Dish Network!! We have been on Dish Pause since February 3rd, that means NO television for the Skousen Family for an entire two months. Yesterday, I turned it off for good. They are sending me boxes for my equipment and everything. One might wonder what we do with all of our spare time now?! I for one never watched T.V. anyway so it wasn't a big deal to me but for Scott- WOW- It's a miracle that he survived. NO MORE SPORTS!! The coolest thing though is that he actually agrees with me on this one despite what he might tell his brothers about having an oppressing wife. I'm glad that we are both on the same page. Another one of the many benefits is that we save almost $70.00 a month now. If we put that money in savings we just might get to go to Lego land after all. The bottom line is that we really haven't missed the added noise. Scott still follows sports on the internet and we even watched Conference via internet. Maybe we can justify the large flat screen computer monitor we've looked at. Most importantly we get to spend time doing other things, things you wouldn't normally do if you were being sucked into the boob tube. (ie: drawing, reading, studying, going for walks, playing games, etc.) Here's an example of something Conner did recently INSTEAD of watching television:)

1 comments:

Anna said...

So cool! I have just the local channels here...we still have to pay $14 for that because you can't pick anything up even with 'bunny ears'. I won't get extended cable again. While I miss HGTV and TLC...I spent way too much time watching 'cool' but meaningless shows! I'm not sure I can give up just yet my 5 local channels I get...they are what get me through long nights alone with Mark still at the hospital. Oh, and QVC! HA! :) I bet a year from now your family will not even miss it!