Okay, so I realize that I have not posted in forever. Life has been completely out of control for the Skousen clan for the last several months. I am still not caught up on everything. Infact I am not really caught up on much of anything. Don't get me wrong, the things that absolutely have to get done do, but things are still crazy. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel now though.
Since my last post a ton of things have happened. We have finished our house!!! (I use the word finished lightly... there are still a million things that need to happen... put up the towel bars, hang the numbers on the front of the house, put up the rest of the fence, stain & install all of the bookcases...to name a few) The house is livable though, more than livable, to us it's heaven. The first night we slept here I asked Scott how he was feeling. Besides total graditute he exclaimed, "I feel like I have been let out of a box!" You have to understand that when we moved to Saint Johns, we left a beautiful NEW house in the valley. It had plenty of space (4 bedrooms & a toyroom) and an extra large backyard. Our "new to us" 30 year old fixer upper in Saint Johns couldn't even touch what we had become accostumed to. The master bedroom was so small that with the bed in it you couldn't even kneel to pray at the side of the bed without your feet touching the wall! Our family growing in size from 5 to 7 members didn't help either. Needless to say that a lot more space means a lot more freedom for everyone! We are loving our new home and thank our Father in Heaven often for all of the wonderful blessings we have in our lives.
Here are some pictures of events that have happened since my last post. Forgive me for not having any house photos yet. Boxes everywhere, dirt on the floor, yada yada... I am working on it though.
Halloween
(Ethan, Jacob, Tate, TJ (Conner's Friend), Conner, & Grace)
Tate's 6th Birthday
Ethan's 1st Birthday
Christmas
2 comments:
Yeahhhhh! You updated. I hope when we come up we will be able to take some of the things off your big long list. We love you guys!
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! Welcome back! Thanks for posting pics of your kids. They are growing up so fast. Good thing too since #6 is on the way! :) I'm glad things are great in your new house. Can't wait to see pics of that. Take deep breaths and just try to move at a slow pace!
Post a Comment