We actually moved into our new house on Conner's 8th birthday! This is the second year in a row that we have moved on his birthday. Unfortunately, he doesn't find it very fun. This move was a little bit more exciting because he got to open his new army bedding and sleep in his new room upstairs.
Conner was also baptized one week after his birthday. Yes, I know, life is crazy. I moved, unpacked, shopped, prepared food, re-washed sheets, housed over 30 people, fed over 50 family members and friends, and we baptized our oldest all within a weeks time!!! What an emotional experience for me. I really started to wonder if I had taught Conner what he needs to know. Man it amazes me how fast 8 years goes by. Crazy fast!!! It seems like just yesterday that I brought him home from the hospital. I can remember so many memories of him as a little guy (unfortunately, I can't say that for all of my children) it really doesn't seem possible that he is already eight. I'm sure that I'll say the same thing when he turns 19. Anyway, he is a good kid and was definitely ready for his big day. It really did turn out great. We only had one incident. Ethan threw up all over me during the closing song!! Kids...there's never a dull moment when their around. I will say that I was exhausted when it was all over though. Scott leaned over to me a church after everyone had left on Sunday and whispered, "Man, I wish that everyone could have stayed a little longer." Even though I knew what he meant I was relieved to have the week over and a new one beginning.
2 comments:
YAH a new post! It was a wonderful weekend. Thankyou so many times over for letting us stay with you. I love your home.
Amazing that you have an 8 year old! :) What a special moment/day for you and Scott as parents.
Post a Comment