Saturday, January 6, 2007

BEWITCHED!

It's official. I want to be a witch. No, not the type you are thinking of I'm sure. I want to be Isabel who played Samantha in the most recent version of "Bewitched." I would love to have the ability to transform my house into a beautifully clean and well decorated masterpiece with just the wiggle of the nose. Just think all of the things we never let our kids do or play with could easily be managed with this special power. play dough, no problem. Peanut butter sandwiches on the couch, go ahead. You want to come in the house soaking wet, sure. I could finally have the time I need to accomplish everything!!! Laundry and dishes would never pile up. Bills would be paid as soon as they were received, the refrigerator would always be stocked, dinner would be ready at 5 p.m. sharp and it would be delicious and healthy too. Church clothes would be ironed and ready to go well before Sunday morning rolls around, the floors would be so clean that you could eat off them. I would be dressed and ready for the day first thing in the morning and the dog poop, what dog poop! I would have cute handouts ready and prepared for every church lesson I had to teach, my yard and garden would be immaculate, family home evening lessons would be well planned and very exciting for everyone, all of my children would be clean and well groomed, beds always made, base boards always clean, and blinds always open letting in the warm sunshine! The list really would never end of things that I could and would have done if I were a witch. Most importantly, I would have time to do the things I really want to do but for some reason they are push aside because I have to many things that I have to do. I would love to curl up in a comfy chair with a good book , take a long walk, catch up on my scrapbooks, and make homemade birthday cards for friends and all family members including nieces & nephews. My kids would benefit greatly too. I would make science experiments with Conner, play board games with Tate, find snails with Jake, play dollies with Grace, and just hold & love my newborn, Ethan all the time. It would also allow me to spend more quality time with Scott because I wouldn't always be too busy! Yes I know, what I am asking for is unrealistic because I'll never be a witch (at least not this kind) but I do have to find better balance in my life. I'm tired of always having too much to do. I am finding that I am missing out on a lot of important family things because I can't not clean the floor or do the laundry, etc. The bottom line is that I am unhappy. I feel worn out and used up. I know that there is more to life than this. I just need to figure out how to let some things go. So, now you know, my number one and only (although it encompasses every aspect of my life) goal for 2007 is not to "bewitched" but to find balance! Wish me luck :)

1 comments:

Anna said...

I appreciated this so much. I often feel the same way. You are a great person and I am grateful to be able to call you my friend.