Saturday, January 6, 2007

Happy New Year!

We just recently returned from our annual New Year's trip to Scott's brother's house in Chino Valley, Arizona. We had a great time ringing in the New Year with the Skousen clan. We filled our days watching football, football, and more football, with an occasional basketball game in between. Since I'm not a big fan of the whole watch sports until you drop thing, and knowing that was what was on the agenda for the weekend, I packed some crafty things to do. I totally took advantage of the kids playing happily with their cousins and Scott's football fascination and finished not only my Christmas Cards but Ethan's birth announcement also. (I was starting to worry that I just might not be able to pull it off this time.) What a great way to start the New Year - finishing projects! I have a million projects that are either half finished or are just in mental form, not started or finished - not even written down, just things that I would really love to do someday. (I find that I'm afraid to write them down because then they become part of a never ending list of things that I haven't accomplished. I try to keep lists of things that I can fairly easily get done. I like the look of a list full of things crossed off! It makes me feel good to be able to say, "look what I did today!") So, for all of you waiting, your cards are on their way. I also enjoyed watching a couple of movies while we were there. I don't watch much T.V. of any kind so I enjoy an occasional movie. I will have to say that I "scrapped" right through "Nacho Lib re" (sp?) though. Sorry, I'm not one that loves movies without point or purpose - that kind of stupid humor is not for me. The best part of that movie was watching everyone else laugh uncontrollably. I love to see my family happy. I did enjoy "Invincible." (Yes, a football movie and I missed the showing of "Glory Road" - a basketball flick. I certainly married into a family of sports nuts didn't I!) Well, the trip was fun, the food was great, and Ethan did good. Overall a great way to start a New Year!

0 comments: