Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Summer in a Nutshell

May was full of Tee-ball games, pre-school graduations, a trip to Conner's class zoo, and camping. Yes, keeping up with the kids schedule is a lot of work all in itself. Swimming lessons and lunch at the park started in June. In between the swimming lessons session we went to the valley TWICE! Scott has had to travel a ton- way more than I bargained for. Thankfully, since it was summer time, I was able to go with him to the valley (he usually flies out of Sky Harbor on Monday and back in on Thursdays) and stay with my parents. The kids love going to Grandma & Grandpa's house and actually the low key "mini vacations" (all we did while we were there was swim) helped me start to feel better. Grace also celebrated her second birthday on June 27th. She enjoyed being princess for the day- truthfully she is our princess everyday, just ask her brothers. They'll tell you that she's our, "pretty, pretty princess!" July came so quickly- sometimes I really wish that I could turn back the clock- we had Scott's brother, Curtis, & his family come and stay with us over the fourth, went to the valley TWO more times, (once for another "mini vacation" and once to take care of some family business that I will post about later) went to Greer for the Johnson family vacation, and then finished the month at Curt & Jeannine's for the Skousen family get together. Can you just say exhausting!! And now it's August. Do you think that things will slow down once school starts? My guess is no, things are just going to get crazier. School starts, soccer starts, Grace needs to be potty trained, and we are starting to build our NEW HOUSE!!! Yep, it's official, I have become a General Contractor in order to save us some money. So with all of the added blessings/stresses, I have determined that the only way to make all of this work is to rely on my Father in Heaven and just take one day at a time.

(I hope that these pictures will help all of you that are so far away feel just a little bit closer.)

Conner and his paper mache vulture

Ethan (or Efee as Grace calls him) learning to eat
Jacob at his pre-school program
Tate at his pre-school graduation

Conner & Tate Tee-ball May 2007

The boys with their cousins - Camping over Memorial Day


Grace, Jacob, Tate, & Ethan enjoying free lunch at the park!

Grace's 2nd Birthday


The Fourth of July


My Dad teaching the kids to play the piano during one of our visits
The Kids at my family vacation in Greer (Grace, Haylee & Tate, Ryan & Ethan)

1 comments:

Judy said...

Gracie Lou as she would say is "so cute, so cute!