On Saturday, my brother called to let me know that his wife had been admitted to the hospital because of an infection. Originally they thought it was mastitis (sp?-milk duct infection), but when the infection entered her blood stream and her blood pressure significantly dropped they determined that something else must be wrong. She has been in the Intensive Care Unit hooked up to every antibiotic under the sun since Saturday and is still not stabilized. Death is all to close to our family right now, and while we don't anticipate that happening, the thought is enough to do us all in. So, like Hillary Weeks says in one of my favorite songs, "I did what I could, I said a prayer." Please take just a minute and do what you can, offer a short prayer in behalf of our family, especially my brother Richard, his wife Shari, and their girls Isabella & Chloe. Thank you. I know that prayers work!
Monday, August 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. I was reading a talk from the general young women's meeting and thought that this quote from President Hinkley might be of comfort.
He said, "You are second to none. You are (a daughter) of God." There has come to you as your birthright something beautiful and sacred and divine. Never forget that Your Eternal Father is the great Master of the universe. He rules over all , but He also will listen to your prayers as His daughter and hear you as you speak with Him. He will answer your prayers. He will not leave you alone."
We will continue to pray for you and your family.
Christy, how is your SIL doing now? I've been thinking about this situation and I hope that things are looking up for your family.
Christy you have brought tears to my eyes, with such a sweet message.Thank you so much for the prayers, I sure felt a whole lot of them and thankyou for that.
Post a Comment