Jacob (my three year old) is so excited for Christmas that he can barely stand it. I couldn't even get him to look at me for his picture with Santa. (I must admit that our ward had the most realistic looking Santa at our Christmas party that I've ever seen.) Everyday he asks if today is Christmas. He is having a hard time understanding that Christmas is about Jesus and not about getting presents. Last Sunday when the Deacons were passing the Sacrament at church Jacob was making a little too much noise. I calmly asked him to settle down and reminded him that he needed to be thinking about Jesus. His reply totally threw me for a loop when he said innocently, "Mom, I just can't stop thinking about Santa." Needless to say that thoughts of Santa at that moment were not provoked. There was no Christmas music playing, no gifts anywhere, and certainly no Santa's in the church building. Just a cute, wiggly little boy who is ready for Christmas!
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment