I've found myself thinking about my life a lot since my first blog. I realize that it may have seemed pretty pathetic. It was truthful though. After all my life right now is all about others. The truth is I wouldn't change that for the world. My family is my most valuable treasure. Yesterday, at Tithing Settlement, after the normal question-answer session, the Bishop related a personal story about his own family. (He's probably somewhere around 37 and has six young kids of his own.) He told Scott & I that he & his wife constantly remind each other that right now, "it's not about us." He told us that sometimes that's hard to deal with but the time would come when things would be different. I'm grateful for an inspired Bishop. I really needed to be reassured that what I am doing right now is what I should be doing. I do know however that I need to take just a few quiet moments each day for myself so I can rejuvenate the inner me. I hope that with some thought and planning I'll be able to find away to keep up with me and with the many responsibilities I have as a wife and mother.
Monday, December 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment