Friday, December 29, 2006

Reassurance

"We must never allow our burdens to obscure our blessings. There will always be more blessings than burdens-even if some days it doesn't seem so." ~Jeffery R. Holland (Ensign, Oct. 2006, 15.)

I just thought that I'd share this quote. It really struck me even though it should be obvious. As Scott & I try to decide what to do with our little family in light of his job change, we have to constantly remind ourselves that some how, some way, everything is going to work out as long as we continue to try to do what the Lord requires of us. I just needed a little reminder today to count my many blessings.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Ok...totally feeling lost on your life right now...what job change? And where the heck are you living? I thought you were living away from Mesa, but it looked like you could just pop in to your family's house for the holidays...so I'm confused! LOVE this quote though. It is a great reminder to find all the blessings in our lives instead of focusing on the challenges.

christy said...

Anna I posted our Christmas Card. (you will be getting one soon, I hope. So many things haven't turned out as planned- getting our card out before Christmas was one of them.) I hope this helps fill you in on some of the details of my life as of late. Basically, a wonderful job oppertunity presented itself and we took it. It just drastically changed our plans for the future. Scotts job is now based out of the Valley instead of in the mountains which means that when the Power plant is complete, 2 1/2 years from now, we will have to either come back to the valley (which we weren't planning on doing) or transfer to another position within SRP that is based in the mountains. Who knows, maybe we will try something completely new.
The stresses (or burdens) I was referring to in this mornings post mostly were house related. Scott & I purchased 10 acres of land in Saint Johns last June. (one month before he got his new job) At that time we put our house up for sale so that we could build our "dream" home. (or at least as much of it as we can afford) Unfortunately, the market in Saint Johns doesn't support large homes. Basically, if we built on the scale we had planned we would need to be pretty confident that we were going to be there for a long period of time. Now that we are unsure of where we are going to be in a couple of years, it looks like staying in our current home just might be the "right" thing to do. I'm just having a hard time swallowing that after buying land, drawing up house plans... yada, yada. Our current home is rather small (3/2 and just shy of 1600 sq ft.)for a family of seven which doesn't help either. Anyway, I'll stop now before you're sorry you asked. This quote is helping me (and trust me I need all the help I can get) to focus on the positive things in my life. Since lack of sleep and off kitler hormones are in full swing now. Things will work out though, I know they will.